TONE OF VOICE: SAD VOICES (K-5th)
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
Tone of Voice: Sad Voices is designed to help kids 8 years and up build essential social language and literacy skills. This resource is part of a comprehensive collection that guides children through understanding nonverbal language, vocabulary for emotions, and the language skills needed for understanding and telling a story.
Did you know that your tone of voice tells people more about how you feel than your words? Sadness comes in various shades, often correlating with the size of the problem at hand. In a two-part game, students will practice conveying different levels of sadness through their voices. Can they discern whether a friend is slightly bummed or completely devastated based on their tone?
- Develops an awareness of the impact of tone of voice in communication.
- Encourages empathy and supportive communication when friends are feeling sad.
- Nurtures perspective-taking skills, helping students relate to varying levels of sadness in different situations.
- Strengthens literacy skills through sentence building and vocabulary expansion.
This resource serves as an excellent tool for achieving various social language goals:
- Understanding and employing diverse tones of voice.
- Cultivating empathy by offering kind and supportive responses when friends are sad.
- Encouraging perspective-taking as students navigate differing levels of sadness in various scenarios.
And literacy goals too:
- Sentence building: Add dependent clauses using subordinating conjunctions.
- Vocabulary expansion: Explore synonyms for "sad" and rank them from least to most intense.